Mac SSO defaults question

Henry B. Hotz hotz at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Jan 27 20:06:22 EST 2006

FWIW I recently submitted a bug to Apple (cc'ing our salesman) about
the /etc/authorization stuff not being updated for Tiger even after
all this time.  Only word is the salesman promising to bring it to
the right people's attention.

Experimentally, what I see is that you can substitute a krb5
mechanism in system.login.console, but not if a couple of unrelated
entries are present (like an xcode one, and an adhoc Airport network
one).  "builtin:krb5authnoverify" seems to work now, but login and
user-switch is very slow if the network is missing/slow.

I can't get any k5 mechanism to work in system.login.done as I would
prefer.  That would appear to be the right approach for a laptop.

----
Henry.B.Hotz at jpl.nasa.gov, or hbhotz at oxy.edu