pkinit updates

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz at cmu.edu
Mon Dec 18 19:27:19 EST 2006

On Wednesday, December 13, 2006 01:12:10 PM -0600 "Douglas E. Engert"
<deengert at anl.gov> wrote:

> I don't believe the user will even see the -X and options with a
> smartcard. they are pretty much dictated by the admin and could be in the
> krb5.conf.

Except that they will only partly be a function of the configuration of the
workstation.  Part of this will depend on the particular card you're using,
which may not be known to the workstation admin if you're getting tickets
for a remote realm.

Please don't constrain solutions to the case where the same administrator
controls everything.  The Universe is much too large for one person to
manage.

-- Jeff