Null realms and servers

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Mon Dec 18 00:13:44 EST 2006

> That's great, but this change makes life much more difficult for
> existing sites.  Please do not do that.  Please do not break existing
> sites when you're trying to deploy new things.

Bleh, sorry, never mind.  I see that we were already doing something like
this.  I misread Sam's original message.

Objection withdrawn.  I still have a mild preference for using the default
realm rather than making assumptions based on DNS, but we're only talking
about changing the behavior in cases where it's already broken and either
way some sites won't get the right answer.  Given that they're not getting
the right answer now, I don't have strong opinions.

Apologies for not having followed the discussion as well as I should have.