pkinit updates

Jeffrey Altman jaltman at secure-endpoints.com
Tue Dec 12 14:58:28 EST 2006

The reason that PKCS#11 supports multiple slots to the same reader
is that it may be possible for there to be different tokens with
different security requirements.  It is not possible for a single
slot to have different security policies for different tokens.

If a PKCS#11 module wants to support this, it must do so by implementing
different slots through which different subsets of tokens are made
available.

Jeffrey Altman