Doing away with changelogs

Will Fiveash William.Fiveash at sun.com
Fri Apr 7 19:10:01 EDT 2006

On Fri, Apr 07, 2006 at 03:29:28PM -0500, Nicolas Williams wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 07, 2006 at 04:13:02PM -0400, Sam Hartman wrote:
> > I'd like to seek comments on this proposal.
>
> Yes.
>
> Specifically, make sure that commits include references to rt tickets
> and a synopsis and let Subversion do the rest.

Yes, a way of reliably mapping a bug/rt ID to a change set and vice
versa is good.  Enabling that in an automated fashion, even better.
In the past I used a source control system that required a bug ID in
order to check-in new code.  Thus the mapping was auto-enforced.

--
Will Fiveash
Sun Microsystems Inc.