Turning off hostname canonicalisation

Alexandra Ellwood lxs at MIT.EDU
Tue Sep 13 11:46:30 EDT 2005

So I'd like to understand why folks are using [appdefaults].  Sun's
need is fairly straightforward: "we had it before and can't de-
support it".  But how are sites actually using this feature?

Specifically:

* What tags to you use in the [appdefaults] section?  What values are
you setting them to?

* Do you need each application to receive different values for a
given tag?  If so, why?

* Where does your code to read [appdefaults] live?  (In every
application?  In the Kerberos libraries?)

* What APIs do you use to read [appdefaults]?

--lxs

Alexandra Ellwood <lxs at mit.edu>
MIT Kerberos Development Team
<http://mit.edu/lxs/www>