Turning off hostname canonicalisation

Nicolas Williams Nicolas.Williams at sun.com
Mon Sep 12 19:07:21 EDT 2005

On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 06:58:57PM -0400, Alexandra Ellwood wrote:

Yup.

But for Sun the issue is that we could not just remove [appdefaults],
even if we wanted to -- we have a process we must follow for obsoleting
and then removing public interfaces such that by the time we realized
that these interfaces were gone we had no time to follow that process,
so we put them back in.  In general I agree with your take though, and
much prefer [libdefaults] over [appdefaults].

Nico