Turning off hostname canonicalisation

Nicolas Williams Nicolas.Williams at sun.com
Mon Sep 12 17:30:34 EDT 2005

On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 03:27:01PM -0400, Sam Hartman wrote:

>     Jeffrey> The answer is 'no'.  Settings in [appdefaults] are not
>     Jeffrey> for reading by the Kerberos libraries.  They are for
>     Jeffrey> reading by the application.
>

> It's not that simple.  Or at least Sun has proposed making it not that
> simple.

Er, well, not quite.

*I* certainly prefer libdefaults over appdefaults, but I don't mind
having both, with appdefaults being most specific.

What Sun did mind was removal of appdefaults for kinit, which we had to
add back in when we resync'ed to recent releases of MIT krb5.  We can
manage interface obsolescence and removal, but we have different rules
and schedules than MIT; we'd prefer to coordinate the such as it might
save us some effort.

Nico