default_tkt_enctypes and default_tgs_enctypes linkage?

Henry B. Hotz hotz at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Sep 9 15:17:57 EDT 2005

On Sep 8, 2005, at 4:50 PM, krbdev-request at mit.edu wrote:

> Is there ever a case in which someone can have >1 TGT for a particular
> TGS/KDC?  If not, why would the default_tgs_enctypes be used to decide
> which TGT to use if there is only one?

A)  You may have multiple tgt's with different enctypes.  KfW does this
now, getting both a single-des tgt and a higher-strength one if
possible.

B)  You may have a "native" tgt in one ccache, and a cross-realm tgt in
another ccache (at least on a Mac).

C)  I'd think combinations of the above are possible.
----
Henry.B.Hotz at jpl.nasa.gov, or hbhotz at oxy.edu