Wrong error code for no cred?

Valerie Peng Yu-Ching.Peng at Sun.COM
Wed Nov 16 13:53:36 EST 2005

Hi, Krb team,

When running my app, I noticed that your impl returns GSS_S_FAILURE
instead of GSS_S_NO_CRED when the ticket in my CCACHE expired.

I tried SEAM and their impl returns GSS_S_NO_CRED. Is there a reason
for returning GSS_S_FAILURE here? Is there a way to determine the
cause of this GSS_S_FAILURE without using gss_display_status() for
this cred expiration (or lack of cred) scenario?

Lastly, how about SPNEGO support?

Judging from the source bundle that I downloaded, the default lib name
for GSS is "libgssapi_krb.so". It seems different from what Heimdal
uses, i.e. "libgssapi.so". If SPNEGO support were added, do you plan
to change your default to "libgssapi.so"?

Thanks,
Valerie