Change in K4 ticket cache format

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz at cmu.edu
Tue May 17 21:05:14 EDT 2005

On Monday, May 16, 2005 05:52:10 PM -0700 Russ Allbery <rra at stanford.edu>
wrote:

> The practical impact of this change is to break ticket file compatibility
> with KTH Kerberos on 64-bit platforms, since KTH Kerberos continues to use
> an int32_t for the issue date as stored in the ticket cache on disk.

I have a fiarly hideous proposal for a way to write out krb4 ticket files
on 64-bit platforms so that they will be parseable both by tools that
believe issue_date is 32 bits and those that believe it is 64 bits.  I also
have corresponding code for reading it back in.

The downside is that my technique works only on little-endian platforms.

I'll post more details later; at the moment I'm off to dinner.

-- Jeff