Where to send OS X krb5 bugs?

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Fri Mar 25 17:21:36 EST 2005

    Matt> I submitted a bug in OS X's kinit to the Apple Bug Reporter
    Matt> a couple of weeks ago.  (It's Problem ID: 4034307) It's
    Matt> still in state "Analyze". Should it have gone to the MIT bug
    Matt> tracking system instead (or in addition)?

You did the right thing.  The public bug state doesn't get updated
very quickly, but appropriate developers have already seen your bug.

Apple tends to do an amazing job of getting customer bug reports to
developers quickly.  We tend to see bugs triaged and in our queue
within a day or two of reporting the bug.

Note that just because we see a bug does not mean we will be able to
get a fix into a particular release of an Apple OS.  Apple, like all
vendors has requirements about release schedules, quality and urgency
of fix.

--Sam