building krb5-1.4 on hpux and solaris with native compilers

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 16 14:29:30 EST 2005

On Feb 16, 2005, at 10:19, Douglas E. Engert wrote:
> 1.4.0 builds fine on Solaris 8, 9 and hp-UX 11i,and HP-UX IA64 11.23
> and SGI 6.5, and at least rlogin works on all of these.

Thanks.

> *BUT* on Solairs 7 and HP-UX 11.0 It builds but I when run rlogin
> I get:
>
> Assertion failed: k5int_i->did_run != 0, file
>    ../../../src/lib/krb5/krb5_libinit.c, line 60
> IOT trap (core dumped)

*sigh*

> This is using gcc 3.2.2 on all platforms with the vendor's ld.
>
> I had compiled two of the betas but only Solaris 9. Was not expecting
> backward compatability problems.

Me neither, at least not to this degree.  But between the thread
support and the library-unloading stuff, we're demanding more of the OS
now.

I was even thinking about sending mail some time back asking for people
to help us check that we had our bases covered in these areas, but
unfortunately I never did... maybe I should write it up now....

Ken