building krb5-1.4 on hpux and solaris with native compilers

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Wed Feb 16 10:19:05 EST 2005

Ken Raeburn wrote:
> Ah, yes, HP-UX and Solaris 7, two more systems not in our current test
> environment, and apparently not run by anyone who picked up our beta
> releases....  ☹

1.4.0 builds fine on Solaris 8, 9 and hp-UX 11i,and HP-UX IA64 11.23
and SGI 6.5, and at least rlogin works on all of these.

*BUT* on Solairs 7 and HP-UX 11.0 It builds but I when run rlogin
I get:

Assertion failed: k5int_i->did_run != 0, file
    ../../../src/lib/krb5/krb5_libinit.c, line 60
IOT trap (core dumped)

This is using gcc 3.2.2 on all platforms with the vendor's ld.

I had compiled two of the betas but only Solaris 9. Was not expecting
backward compatability problems.