request: provide a canonical autoconf fragment for finding krb5 and/or gssapi

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 16 14:20:39 EST 2005

On Feb 16, 2005, at 13:33, Love wrote:
> I'm will probably be just fine with you treating it as MIT Kerberos
> 1.4.1
> issue. May I ask what the the current timeframe is ?

You may ask... :-)

> Adding command switch --runtime-path (better name ?) is what I want.

Sounds like a good idea.  I wonder if there would be cases where we
need more linker options than that... like, on a platform where we
require thread support to be linked in always, we might need "-mt" or
"-thread" or something to be passed at link time.  Which,
unfortunately, would also be specific to the compiler or linker in use.
  Hmm...

>  Its up
> to you mit folks if you want to add a new --libs equivalent that is
> defined
> to be w/o runtime linker path.

Might be good.  Getting consistency across implementations is the
important part....

Ken