Incorrect expiration time for tickets returned from Windows KDCs

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Mon Aug 29 11:00:00 EDT 2005

Matt Crawford wrote:

>> This sounds like a case of a growing PAC, when the user becomes a  member
>> (directly or indirectly, as it is a flattened list) of another group.
>

> There used to be a boolean bit of preauth data you could include  which
> meant "don't include the PAC in the ticket."  Did it go away??   I ran
> into it when users changing their non-windows Kerberos password  from
> the Windows secure-channel box would generate an AS_REQ with  that
> padata in it.

I believe it is still there. You have to sent the PA-PAC-REQUEST to the KDC.
But the MIT KDC had problems if this was used. It may be fixed by now.
AD only honored this on the AS_REQ not the TGS_REQ

There is also in AD a way to set NO_AUTH_DATA_REQUIRED "No PAC needed" for
a selected service ticket.  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/832572/