Problem with Kerb 1.4.0 on Solaris 7

Derek Chen-Becker dbecker at cpicorp.com
Mon Apr 18 15:48:47 EDT 2005

Arlene Berry wrote:
> Bugs are tracked by the krb5-bugs mailing list.  You might check the
> archive.
>
> You might also check the archive for this mailing list for about
> mid-February as this sounds like the same area where I ran into problems
> when attempting to build with native compilers.  There is a long series
> of posts on the subject and you may find some useful information in
> them.  I finally gave up on Solaris 7 and went with Solaris 8.

Thanks, I checked both and found your message. It didn't quite look like
the same problem, but it does look like it's related to the linker. FYI,
I'm using gcc 2.95.3, though. Would installing GNU ld fix the problem,
or is it a problem with Solaris 7's ld.so?

> The assertion you're seeing has to do with the new scheme for
> initializing libraries which is related to the new threading code and
> indicates that library initialization did not take place.  In the case
> of Solaris 7 and the initial Solairs 8 release, the native linker does
> not support the necessary options to enable library initialization.

Unfortunately, I can't upgrade this box from Solaris 7. Is the 1.3.x
line of Kerberos safe to use? Is Solaris 7 support deprecated from here
on out?

Thanks,

Derek

Derek Chen-Becker
Senior Network Engineer
CPI Corp, Inc.
1706 Washington Ave
St. Louis, MO 63103
Phone: 314-231-7711 x6455
Fax:   314-613-6724
dbecker at cpicorp.com
PGP Key available from public key servers
Fingerprint: E4C4 26C0 8588 E80A C29F  636D 1FBE 0FE3 2871 4AE8