Problem with Kerb 1.4.0 on Solaris 7

Arlene Berry aberry0364 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 18 14:10:56 EDT 2005

Bugs are tracked by the krb5-bugs mailing list.  You might check the
archive.

You might also check the archive for this mailing list for about
mid-February as this sounds like the same area where I ran into problems
when attempting to build with native compilers.  There is a long series of
posts on the subject and you may find some useful information in them.  I
finally gave up on Solaris 7 and went with Solaris 8.

The assertion you're seeing has to do with the new scheme for initializing
libraries which is related to the new threading code and indicates that
library initialization did not take place.  In the case of Solaris 7 and the
initial Solairs 8 release, the native linker does not support the necessary
options to enable library initialization.