Build problem krb5-1.3.5 gcc 3.4.2 glibc-2.3.4

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Fri Oct 29 18:52:56 EDT 2004

On Oct 29, 2004, at 05:05, Sonny Taberman wrote:
> As far as I can tell everything is ok so far.
> But when I do "make" I get this errors.
>
> prof_tree.c: In function `profile_verify_node':
> prof_tree.c:128: error: "PROF_SECTION_WITH_VALUE" undeclared
> prof_tree.c:139: error: "PROF_BAD_PARENT_PTR" undeclared
> prof_tree.c: In function `profile_add_node':
> prof_tree.c:162: error: "PROF_ADD_NOT_SECTION" undeclared
> prof_tree.c: In function `profile_set_relation_value':
> prof_tree.c:617: error: "PROF_SET_SECTION_VALUE" undeclared
>
> I guess I miss som package but what?
>
> Any ideas anyone ?

(kerberos at mit might've been a better list for this)

These symbols should be defined in profile.h, which is generated by
joining profile.hin and the prof_err.h file generated using awk or
gawk.  We're not using output redirection or anything like that for
awk, so if you don't have it, that step should fail, and make should
fail, and prof_err.h shouldn't exist so the next time you run make it
should still blow out in an obvious way.

Check your build logs and see if something strange happened in
generating prof_err.h or profile.h.

Ken