KfW 2.6 vs Windows 2003 Server: question to the community

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Wed Jan 21 07:33:30 EST 2004

    Jeffrey> The question is: Should the Kerberos for Windows
    Jeffrey> installer set this parameter as part of the installation
    Jeffrey> procedure on Windows 20003?

Yes, by default I think this key should be set by the installer.  I
believe that the installer SDK should make this behavior optional but
I believe we should not expose the option of whether to change this
registry key to the user in the installer we provide.  I suspect that
installer probably already has enough options.

    Jeffrey> If it is not set, should
    Jeffrey> ms2mit.exe and Leash generate an error instead of
    Jeffrey> performing the ticket importation?

Do you still get session keys for non-TGTs?  If so, then the ccache
implementation should allow importing these tickets buth not TGTs.

Leash should not generate an error for automatic ticket imports.

--Sam