KfW 2.6 vs Windows 2003 Server: question to the community

Jeffrey Altman jaltman at columbia.edu
Tue Jan 20 12:07:26 EST 2004

Just as a reminder.  The NSIS installer is not MSI based.
NSIS was selected because several other open source projects
which are likely to incorporate KfW use NSIS and because
it is open source itself.

There would certainly be a benefit to supporting an MSI
install package.  However, it is not likely to happen in the
near future.

As of Beta 3, the installer will set the registry value, store
the setting that was there prior to install and reset it upon
uninstall.  I will make this change on all Kerberos LSA aware
platforms just in case MS decides in the future to back port
this change.

Jeffrey Altman