Porting Heimdal's libkafs to MIT Kerberos

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Fri Jan 9 13:34:09 EST 2004

    Steven> Is MIT interested in porting Heimdal's libkafs to MIT
    Steven> Kerberos 5, or in incorporating someone else's port (if
    Steven> one gets written) into the standard distribution(s)?

Mit is very reluctant to treat AFS as a special application.  There is
support for AFS in src/appl/bsd/login.krb5.  I think some of us view
that support as a bug.

MIT certainly does not have resources to port libkafs.  MIT would be
very unlikely to pull libkafs into the distribution and would
discourage others from doing so.

That said, I think libkafs is probably the right way to go for AFS
support and would like to see a version of libkafs that worked with
MIT Kerberos.  I just don't see anything you gain from folding it into
the main Kerberos distribution.