stopping the login screen from popping up at all times

Alexandra Ellwood lxs at MIT.EDU
Wed Jan 7 12:09:12 EST 2004

No, as I said before, there is no guaranteed way to avoid automatic
popup of the dialog on Jaguar.

You can call KLCacheHasValidTickets() to see if the dialog will be
displayed before calling into GSSAPI (and then not call into it if
there are no tickets).  However, if tickets expire or are destroyed
between the call to KLCacheHasValidTickets() and the call to GSSAPI,
then the dialog will come up.

>Is there any way I can do it in Jaguar ?
>Please let me know as we are nearing production release dates and
>still have to support
>Jaguar.
>Thanks
>-prab
>
>On Sep 24, 2003, at 12:02 PM, Alexandra Ellwood wrote:
>
>>>Hi
>>>
>>>I am using Mac OS X 10.2.6.  When calling gss apis to get service
>>>tickets. If the TGT has expired
>>>or IP address has changed etc., the login dialog automatically
>>>pops up. Is there a way
>>>to programmatically make sure only error codes are returned and
>>>disable the user interface from popping up at all times?
>>

>>Not in Jaguar.  You can call KLCacheHasValidTickets() to see if the
>>dialog will be displayed before calling into GSSAPI (and then not
>>call into it if there are no tickets), but otherwise no.
>>
>>In Panther, you can set the environment variable
>>KERBEROSLOGIN_NEVER_PROMPT in your application.  There is also
>>private API __KLSetAutomaticPrompting() in KerberosLoginPrivate.h
>>which is currently available only to OS components.
>>
>>Why do you want to prevent automatic display of the dialog?
>>

>>--lxs
>>--
>>Alexandra Ellwood
>><lxs at mit.edu>