Building krb5-1.3.1 on HP UX

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Wed Jan 7 10:32:19 EST 2004

I am starting to build krb5-1.3.1 on multiple versions of HP UX.
Two problems so far:

  (1) config.guess in the distribution is version 2000-05-30 and needs
  to be updated. It does not recognize the ia64-hp-hpux11.23 I am
  using.

  I am using the GNU config.guess (2001-07-12) that came with
  autoconf-2.52 for now.

  (2) include/foreachaddr.c checks for SIOCGLIFNUM and SIOCGLIFCONF
  and assumes that this is a Solaris system as indicated by the comments.
  HP UX 11.i and 11.23 define these but the structures passed to the
  ioctl have slightly different names, thus lib/krb5/os/localaddr.c
  does not compile.

  I don't have a fix for this. Does anyone else?

 Argonne National Laboratory
 9700 South Cass Avenue
 Argonne, Illinois  60439
 (630) 252-5444