password change protocol implementation

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Mon Feb 23 16:12:57 EST 2004

On Monday, Feb 23, 2004, at 14:40 US/Eastern, Sam Hartman wrote:

>     Ken> In this case, for the short term, I'd be okay with copying
>     Ken> the source file over, but in the longer term, a static
>     Ken> library for server process support code (socket management,
>
> I would not be OK copying the file.  I also don't think it is
> reasonable to ask Ken [Hornstein] to write the server support library.

Okay, then, give me a day or two, and I'll create one; I know of at
least one file (daemon.c) we can drop into it right away, though it's
only conditionally needed.  Unless Ken has changes ready now, I should
have it available in plenty of time for him to add this shared network
support to it, if it turns out to be a reasonable piece of code to
share.

Ken

P.S.  Add to the list of benefits: One place to implement DoS
countermeasures, should they turn out to be needed someday.