building krb5 1.3.1 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3

Tim Mooney mooney at dogbert.cc.ndsu.NoDak.edu
Mon Feb 9 18:07:40 EST 2004

In regard to: building krb5 1.3.1 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3, Thomas...:

>I have recently upgraded my system to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 and I
>am having problem building krb5 1.3.1 distribution.  The build stopped
>when it failed to locate tcl.h.  The new RH distribution is bundled
>with TCL 8.3.5 but I can't find the tcl.h header.  Has anyone tried to
>build v1.3.1 on this latest RH release?  What are the recommended
>configuration flags?

We've noticed that tcl.h is missing too, and it's caused us other
problems.  We're not certain if it was intentional (no tcl-devel package
for ES 3) or an oversight.  You might try filing a bug report with RH
to see what they say about it.

In any case, do you need the tcl-krb5 bits, or can you just build krb5
with

	--without-tcl

?

Tim