Renewable tickets

Russell King rmk at arm.linux.org.uk
Mon Feb 2 13:24:03 EST 2004

On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 12:42:01PM -0500, Sam Hartman wrote:

>     Russell> Ok.  However, verify_as_reply() in get_in_tkt() seems
>     Russell> buggy:
>
> And that is what I remember us fixing before the 1.3 release:
>
> 2003-05-30  Alexandra Ellwood <lxs at mit.edu>
>
>         * get_in_tkt.c: (verify_as_reply) Only check the renewable lifetime
>           of tickets whose request options included KDC_OPT_RENEWABLE_OK
>           if those options did not also include KDC_OPT_RENEWABLE.   Otherwise
>           verify_as_reply() will fail for all renewable tickets.

In my case, both KDC_OPT_RENEWABLE_OK and KDC_OPT_RENEWABLE were set,
which confirms that this fix was for a slightly different problem.

(Also, since your last mail, I've been reading RFC1510 3.1.3, and the
behaviour with both KDC_OPT_RENEWABLE_OK and KDC_OPT_RENEWABLE set does
not appear to be covered.)

> I'd suggest sending a brief summary of the situation, including
> verbatim copies of your comments about verify_as_reply to
> krb5-bugs at mit.edu.

Thanks, will do.

--
Russell King