Renewable tickets

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Mon Feb 2 12:42:01 EST 2004

    Russell> Ok.  However, verify_as_reply() in get_in_tkt() seems
    Russell> buggy:

And that is what I remember us fixing before the 1.3 release:

2003-05-30  Alexandra Ellwood <lxs at mit.edu>

        * get_in_tkt.c: (verify_as_reply) Only check the renewable lifetime
                of tickets whose request options included KDC_OPT_RENEWABLE_OK
                        if those options did not also include KDC_OPT_RENEWABLE.   Otherwise
                                verify_as_reply() will fail for all renewable tickets.

OK, so the change is not quite what I remember and may be for a
related but not identical problem.

I'd suggest sending a brief summary of the situation, including
verbatim copies of your comments about verify_as_reply to
krb5-bugs at mit.edu.