Issues with keytab creation related to switch to w2k3 w/ ktutil

Neulinger, Nathan nneul at umr.edu
Wed Apr 7 14:04:15 EDT 2004

We thought we already had that applied... however, here's the thing
though - I see the resulting behavior even when authenticating against
the win2k DC... Does this hotfix change the behavior of password updates
in addition to ticket granting functionality?

I'm able to authenticate without any problem when providing the password
for the host/X princ, but am not able to authenticate when using a
keytab generated with ktutil with that same password and correct kvno -
but ONLY when I create/set the pw for the princ in AD via the w2k3 DC.

-- Nathan

Nathan Neulinger                       EMail:  nneul at umr.edu
University of Missouri - Rolla         Phone: (573) 341-6679
UMR Information Technology             Fax: (573) 341-4216