krb5_[fm]cc_generate_new in krb5-1.3.1

Daniel Kouril kouril at ics.muni.cz
Fri Oct 24 09:18:50 EDT 2003

On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 09:09:10AM -0400, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> caches should be created with a call to
>
>  krb5_cc_resolve()
>
> followed by a call to
>
>  krb5_cc_initialize()

I need to create a temporary ccache (with a unique name), and I'd like to
avoid direct manipulating with files in /tmp etc and I'd prefer to have the
krb5 library handled it itself. With Heimdal, I'm using the
krb5_cc_gen_new() call but it seems not to be supported in mit 1.2.x. That
was why I used krb5_fcc_generate_new(), which disepeared from mit 1.3. So
I'd like to know whether is there some portable way how to handle this
situation. Thanks,

regards,

--
Daniel