libcrypto vs KfM

Alexandra Ellwood lxs at MIT.EDU
Tue Nov 4 12:46:57 EST 2003

>What's the story on libcrypto vs. KfM? I am building against Jaguar
>headers, and I can't include Kerberos and openssl at the same time
>because of des.h conflicts. Is this fixed in Panther? I can't be the
>only one who needs to use SSL and Kerberos in the same app...

The OpenSSL folks committed to changing their symbol names to avoid
conflicts.  As a result, we made no attempt to change the symbols in
des.h for either Jaguar or Panther.  The new OpenSSL DES APIs start
with "DES_" instead of "des_".

If you are running on Panther, I believe you can get things working
by defining OPENSSL_DISABLE_OLD_DES_SUPPORT before including OpenSSL
headers.  This will turn off the inclusion of <openssl/des_old.h>
which declares the old DES APIs.

Sorry,

--lxs