Weird behavior on ticket renewal

Ben Creech bpcreech at eos.ncsu.edu
Tue Jun 3 13:22:14 EDT 2003

--On Tuesday, June 03, 2003 1:10 PM -0400 Sam Hartman <hartmans at mit.edu>
wrote:

> You
> might be able to write code to do so, although I'm not sure if the KDC
> will allow this.

Pretty sure the answer is no.  krb5_get_renewed_creds in my code returns
the same error, which is odd because that's a user-to-user authentication
error.  I'm not quite sure how it gets triggered, since there is no second
key in the SGT I'm trying to renew.

Regardless, if there's no reason to renew SGT's instead of just getting
them all again, then there's obviously no point in looking into it any
further.  I just wanted to make sure I do it the Correct way.