Using KfM's credentials cache with Krb5 1.3 on OS X 10.2.6

Steven Michaud smichaud at pobox.com
Wed Jul 23 18:10:11 EDT 2003

I don't know much about either the dlopen() family or its Mach
equivalents.  But these messages rang a bell ... and I remembered that
recent versions of Cyrus SASL have a dlopen.c (in the
dlcompat-20010505 directory) that contains Mach translations of
dlopen(), dlsym() and dlclose().

There's also an OpenDarwin "dlcompat" project
(http://www.opendarwin.org/projects/dlcompat/, which I haven't yet
looked at), and an Apple Tech Note (TN2071,
http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn2002/tn2071.html) on "Porting
Command Line UNIX Tools to Mac OS X" that contains a section on
dlopen() et al.

Are Cyrus SASL's dlopen.c and the OpenDarwin dlcompat project similar
to the code that you wrote?

I'm not sure I want to take on the burden of writing and maintaining a
library that (in effect) exports the CCAPI from present and future
versions of KfM.  I don't imagine you're too thrilled about that,
either :-)

But the idea does seem to be in the air ...