Using KfM's credentials cache with Krb5 1.3 on OS X 10.2.6

Steven Michaud smichaud at pobox.com
Tue Jul 22 22:27:53 EDT 2003

I intend libCredCache (and my CCAPI patch to 1.3) to be a stop-gap for
use only until a version of KfM appears that is based on 1.3 (or
1.3.1).  Is that targeted for Panther?  (By the way, I haven't yet
seen Panther and don't know what Kerberos code it contains.)

If a KfM based on 1.3.X takes more than a few months to appear, or if
there's a lot of interest, I'd consider doing a binary distribution of
the shared library (libCredCache.dylib) (together with instructions on
how to build it yourself).  As far as I can tell it doesn't contain
any encryption code, so I wouldn't have to worry about export
restrictions.  (I wouldn't want to try distributing the static
libraries -- there are too many of them, and they have too many
external dependencies.)

What do you think would be the "right places" for this?  Would MIT be
interested?

In the meantime I'd like to leave things as they are:  People can build
their own copies of libCredCache (if they can, they presumably know
what they're doing), and start playing around with it.  Any problems
they may have with it will come out in the wash.

It _would_ be nice to see the CCAPI more widely supported.  What are
the "other things" that might need to change first?