Problems with wshelper res_init.c

Jeffrey Altman jaltman at columbia.edu
Wed Jul 9 18:24:51 EDT 2003

Looking at the patch and the MIT WSHelper code I have to wonder whether
the WSHelper which is being shipped with KX509 is out of date or out of
sync with the MIT distribution.  As far as I can tell the code you have
identified as being the problem should never be executed on 2000 and XP
because those systems support the IPHelper API.

The IPHelper API provides a mechanism by which the DLL could be notified
of interface configuration changes.  However, this functionality is not
currently being used.

Jeffrey Altman