MSLSA krb5_ccache: please let me know if this is a bad idea

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Fri Dec 19 09:50:03 EST 2003

Jeff,
This sounds like I good idea, and I see you have committed a change
last night.

Since the LSA will not be using the krb5.ini file, are there other
requirements such as running the MS ksetup command so it matches what's
in the krb5.ini?

>From some tests I had done for msklog using the LSA on a machine
which is not a member of the domain or any domain, to get a TGT for
a user who is in a domain, the LSA would use LDAP to do some lookup,
as well as port 88 to get the TGT. Whereas the MIT kinit only needed
port 88. This has firewall implications.

If the KDC was not an MS AD, the LSA would need to have the ksetup
run to add the realm and kdc names.

There are surely other combinations of KDCs, DNS registration of the
realm and KDCs, which might need to be spelled out as well.