Automatic Prompting for Tickets on Windows

Joseph Jackson jackson at CMU.EDU
Wed Dec 3 14:39:04 EST 2003

At Carnegie Mellon, I'm trying to move our calendaring and primary e-mail
clients from a Kerberos 4 configuration to K5. On the client end of things,
these two apps would bring us 90% closer to killing off K4.

The changes outlined below would help us tremendously with the migration. I
think automatically prompting for user-id/password is the right behavior to
present to end-users when they don't have tickets or the tickets have
expired. We would probably implement local changes to get that behavior if
it weren't coming in a release from MIT. Our chances of getting all the
details right aren't very good, so I was very happy to see that it will be
taken care of in the next release.

Thanks!

Joe Jackson,
Computing Services,
Carnegie Mellon University.

--On Tuesday, December 2, 2003 6:23 PM -0500 Alexandra Ellwood