Using KfM's credentials cache with Krb5 1.3 on OS X 10.2.6

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Tue Aug 12 06:35:02 EDT 2003

    >> Personally, I'd argue for accepting a patch that added support
    >> for some well-maintained library that sat between Kerberos and
    >> ccapi and did the linking against the framework.

    chas> like the credentialcache api?

Yes, exactly.  However I believe it would be wrong for us to accept a
patch that obtained the credentials cache API by looking up symbols in
a framework.  This adds too much OSX-specific goo to the core Kerberos
release.  That might be OK if KFM were going to use that goo, but it
isn't.

I do think it would be reasonable to have a configure test that looked
for say -lkerberos_ccapi and if that library was found, linked against
that library and looked for the ccapi symbols there.