compiling krb5-1.2.8 for OS X Server 10.2.5

Tim Mooney mooney at dogbert.cc.ndsu.NoDak.edu
Fri Apr 25 15:53:31 EDT 2003

In regard to: Re: compiling krb5-1.2.8 for OS X Server 10.2.5, Alexandra...:

>>In regard to: Re: compiling krb5-1.2.8 for OS X Server 10.2.5, Alexandra...:

>>>This is not a problem with the MIT Kerberos build system.  The
>>>problem is that Apple's ld behaves differently than ld on every other
>>>platform.
>>
>>Except Tru64 UNIX, though there you can turn the default behavior off.
>
>Sorry, what I meant to say was "most other platforms". At least I
>managed to get it right in the next sentence.

I don't think you offended anyone, no need to be sorry.  ;-)

I was just being pedantic, pointing it out because it tends to be
something that people that are new to Tru64 trip over.

>My understanding is that the Tru64 ld behavior is intentional and
>documented.

That's correct.

Tim
--