Support for Microsoft Set Password protocol

Nicolas Williams Nicolas.Williams at sun.com
Wed Apr 2 17:51:47 EST 2003

What if the client uses TCP?  Does the MS kpasswd service even support
TCP?  (rfc3244 mentions TCP but does not make TCP support an explicit
requirement - then again, it is an informational rfc...).

If the TCP behaviour is more acceptable then negotiation can still be
done.  Otherwise MS will have to patch their kpasswd service - remember,
if MS wants to implement v2 then MS will need a way for clients to
negotiate the protocol version...

Or we could move kpasswd v2 to a different port number and then
negotiation would go like this:

 - try v2
 - try v0xff80
 - try v1