Support for Microsoft Set Password protocol

Paul W. Nelson nelson at thursby.com
Wed Apr 2 17:45:54 EST 2003

I hacked the 1.3 alpha code to force the version number to be set to 0x0002.
Unfortunately, here is what a Microsoft Server 2003 (their latest) does:

1) The Microsoft KDC does not respond to a change password request with the
version set to 0x0002 at all.
2) It puts an error in the system event log (event id 23) with:
    The KDC Received invalid messages of type changepassword.

This is the worst possible behavior for trying to support both new and old
servers from an application (ie: negotiate a version to use).

--
Paul W. Nelson
Thursby Software Systems, Inc.