anonymous CVS access?

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Wed Nov 13 15:02:01 EST 2002

    Kevin> I know anonymous CVS access was discussed as a possibility
    Kevin> a while back.  Any change in status on that?

We cannot do anonymous CVS without dealing with the export issue.
Since we still seem to be unable to face that challenge, anonymous CVS
is hard.

There are a few non-export-related concerns with CVS like some
comments that we removed at some point, but my personal opinion is
that these problems are best handled by putting up anonymous CVS and
seeing if someone complains.

You could get some benefit by importing each daily snapshot, but that
doesn't give you history or tags.