OS X menu extra for Kerberos?

Jordan Miller jmil at MIT.EDU
Sun Nov 3 19:39:00 EST 2002

Hi,

I was wondering if a menu extra with similar functionality to the menu
item in OS 9 that lets you create/destroy kerberos tickets was under
development for OS X. Specifically, I was hoping this functionality
could be built directly into OS X's Keychain.menu menu extra. This can
be viewed in the "Contents->Resources" Directory inside of "Keychain
Access" in the Utilities Folder, or by selecting View->Show Status in
the Menu Bar from within Keychain Access. Would Apple allow MIT to
include Kerberos functionality with the keychain extra? In addition to
"Lock Screen" could be the option to "Lock Screen and Destroy Kerberos
Tickets", which I think would be cool functionality. In my opinion it
would be better to include this functionality with the Keychain Menu
Extra because both involve security and passwords, and it would also
prevent further cluttering of the menu bar. Is this possible? Should we
just have our own menu extra? Is one under development? Just wondering.
Thanks!

Jordan