Integrating Kerberos with Samba and Win2k Server

Chirag.Patel@bmo.com Chirag.Patel at bmo.com
Wed May 15 15:51:01 EDT 2002

Hello,

We here at BMO are testing out the interoperability of Windows 2000 and
Linux using Kerberos as the protocol.  Once we can get these two to work
correctly, we wish to integrate other systems including Solris, AIX, etc.

I was hoping you would be able to provide me with some documentation on
configuring the systems so that we could use SAMBA with LINUX to access
files and shares in WIN2k.  I have read some of the documentation regarding
Kerberos from the MIT site.

However, I am unable to configure SAMBA as to force it to use Kerberos.
Furthermore, I am unable to make the Linux system use the Active Directory
of Win2k for authenticating users.

I would greatly appreciate and help you have to offer.

Thanks,

Chirag Patel, Security Research Analyst
Security Practices & Technology, Information Security
Emfisys
Bank of Montreal
120 Bloor Street East, 4th Floor
tel: (416) 513-5021