Error "File exists" from krb5_init_context

Curtis Robinson curtis at oushi.org
Wed May 15 13:19:00 EDT 2002

I went threw the code by hand and I think I found the problem.

Environment:  uname -a
SunOS sword 5.8 Generic_108528-13 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-100
gcc -v
gcc version 2.95.3 20010315 (release)

In src/util/profile/prof_file.c, the function ,errcode_t
profile_update_file(prf), uses the stat command.  But, for some reason
it reports that a success is a failure:
        if (stat(prf->filespec, &st))
                return errno;

I got the man page telling me that on a success stat returns 0 and
a failure returns -1, so this statement will always be false.  So, I did
this:
        if (stat(prf->filespec, &st) != 0)
                return errno;

And, the function is still bailing out and reporting file exists
(EEXISTS).
So, any suggestions would be helpful.