Win2k/ARC4 patches

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Sat Mar 16 18:28:00 EST 2002

    David> Ok, I have a few quick questions.  1) When are the arc4
    David> routines that are in the development branch going to be
    David> brought into the mainline branch.  They were submitted
    David> c. 1.2.1/1.2.2 and 1.2.4 has been released without them.

We don't in general pull new features into point releases.  They
should be in 1.3.

    David> 2) When are they going to get the copyright notice
    David> prepended to them.  Is this what is holding up #1?  Do I
    David> need to do anything furhter (signed/ faxed?) to speed this
    David> along.

I'm confused  I never got a response to my copyright question.  Did you send one?

    David> 3) My understanding is that MSFT just opened the PAC spec
    David> for everyone.  Is anyone working on this (well, other than
    David> me).  Would these be accepted into the system?

I don't think anyone here is working on that.  No one has announced
interest on the list to working on that.  I'd certainly be happy to
review a design for patches and if the design were reasonable, to
audit patches for inclusion.