/usr/lib support with MacOSX 10.1 (missing 524 library)

Ben Poliakoff benp at reed.edu
Tue Mar 12 18:46:00 EST 2002

* Alexei Kosut <akosut at Stanford.EDU> [020312 15:02]:
> On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 01:47:03PM -0800, Ben Poliakoff wrote:
> > Being able to build an "aklog" that can make use of the KFM credential
> > cache would allow for some pretty seemless AFS logins on OSX boxes!
>
> I've used the Mac OS X aklog found at <http://web.mit.edu/openafs/>
> with great success.  I'm not sure it would work directly for you,
> though, since it uses Kerberos v4 tickets directly.

It certainly does the trick!  Thanks for the pointer.  Our kdc is
certainly configured to serve up v4 tickets, so this definitely works
(and probably faster than relying on krb524 anyway)...

> At a guess, you should be able to download the Kerberos v5 sources and
> build your own krb524 library.  My recollection is that it's a pretty
> much standalone library that links against the standard krb4 and krb5
> libraries, so you should be able to just build it and link it against
> KfM with only a little tweaking.  But I haven't tried this, so I'm
> just guessing.

I'll play with that a little more (I'm new to compiling stuff for OSX).
But thanks again for the pointer to the MIT OpenAFS page.

Ben

Ben Poliakoff                                       email: <benp at reed.edu>
Reed College                                          tel:  (503)-788-6674
Unix System Administrator      PGP key: http://www.reed.edu/~benp/key.html