Q. International availability of Kerberos for MacOS X

John Lockwood jel at gomark.com
Mon Mar 4 12:02:00 EST 2002

In your FAQ for Kerberos 4 for MacOS X you state "However, Kerberos for
Macintosh 4.0 is not available for download outside of North America"

This is I presume due to the restrictions on exporting Encryption products.

If this is true I would like to ask why?

President Clinton relaxed the rules on exporting Encryption products to most
countries. This allowed countries like the UK, France, Germany etc. to
obtain Encryption products without difficulties. As a result we in the UK
now have access to 128bit Encryption in web browsers and servers (prior to
this change we were restricted to 56bit Encryption).

Could you tell me why your policy is so out of date?

PS. MIT also does this for its PGP software and the same reasoning applies.
--
John Lockwood
Hosting Manager
jel at gomark.com

Gomark Communications Limited
10 Hurlingham Business Park
Sulivan Road
London
SW6 3DU

Main Office:    +44 (0)20 7731 7930
Main Fax:     +44 (0)20 7736 1215

NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER:
This email (including attachments) is confidential. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your system without copying or disseminating it or placing any reliance upon its contents. We cannot accept liability for any breaches of confidence arising through use of email. Any opinions expressed in this email (including attachments) are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect our opinions. We will not accept responsibility for any commitments made by our employees outside the scope of our business. We do not warrant the accuracy or completeness of such information.
http://www.star.net.uk