removal of kerberos

Scott McGuire smcguire at MIT.EDU
Sun Jul 28 00:43:00 EDT 2002

At 12:21 PM -0700 7/26/02, Henry M. Aronson wrote:
>I have an icon on my desktop with "kerberos" in menu bar - I want to remove
>it but cannot put it in trash (I use a Mac running OS 9) - there appear to
>be an application and a number of extensions, one of which is 3.2 mg on my
>hardrive with "kerboros" in title.
>
>Please advise how to remove.

To disable the Kerberos Menu, go to your Extensions folder and drag
the "Kerberos Menu" extension to the trash, then reboot.  Once you
have rebooted the extension will no longer be in use and the trash
can be emptied.  Or you could use the Extensions Manager to disable
the "Kerberos Menu" extension.

Alternately, you can download the Kerberos for Macintosh 4.0
installer by going to:

<http://mit.edu/kerberos/www/>  Follow the "Getting Kerberos from
MIT" link, answer the three questions, and then look for Kerberos for
Macintosh 4.0.

and then use the Uninstall feature of the installer to completely
remove Kerberos from your Mac.

Scott McGuire / smcguire at mit.edu
MIT Information Systems Macintosh Developer