kerberos 4.0 mac os 8.1

Scott McGuire smcguire at MIT.EDU
Tue Jul 9 11:27:00 EDT 2002

At 8:24 PM -0700 7/8/02, Alan Kinear wrote:
>Hi I have a problem in trying to add a realm - via *edit favorite realms*
>dialog box..the only available realm is athena.mit.edu and the add button
>or remove button does nothing.
>How do I add my own realm?

You must first add your realms to the edu.mit.Kerberos configuration
file before they appear in the "Edit Favorite Realms" dialog.  You
cannot add new realms using "Edit Favorite Realms", you can only
select existing ones that are in the configuration file.  There is no
GUI for adding realms at this time.  See:

<http://web.mit.edu/macdev/Development/MITKerberos/Common/Documentation/preferences-osx.html>

for all the details.

If you are still having problems after following the documentation,
let us know.

Scott McGuire / smcguire at mit.edu
MIT Information Systems Macintosh Developer